The Community Knowledge Centre is at the core of what we do at The Calgary Foundation - connecting philanthropy with community needs and opportunities.
The Community Knowledge Centre (CKC) is a web-based tool that will showcase charitable organizations' unique stories of impact through prose, photos and video.
As a companion piece to Calgary’s Vital Signs Report which offers a snapshot of key issues facing our city, the Community Knowledge Centre will bring to life the work of charitable organizations in seeking effective and innovative solutions to some of our city’s most pressing issues.
- developed in partnership with IBM and launched in 2010 by Toronto Community Foundation (view the Toronto Community Knowledge Centre)
- while granting is one of our key roles, sharing our knowledge is also important
- highlights the critical role of charitable organizations as essential community assets
- shares and promotes stories of success, as opposed to “charity ranking”
- creates a place for real life stories to inspire donors, media and community members
- 25 select “early adopters” are working with a consultant to review their site content including: charitable organization overviews, photos, videos and stories
- after the testing stage, CKC will expand to include a range of charitable organizations
We are excited to begin working with a terrific group of diverse organizations, and anticipate the Community Knowledge Centre beta site will launch in mid 2013. We will be inviting new organizations to join the site in Spring 2013.